I probably should be studying. Yes it's Saturday, but I've spent the last week doing "oh-it's-the-first-week-of-the-semester," and doing this in various locations. I did this in the library, I did this in my friends' rooms, I did this outside my friend's room when she left her keys in there (and we watched youtube for a few hours. ahh. youtube.) I did this in the grocery store, I did this in Target, and oh did I do this in Target.
You go into Target, at least I go into Target, clutching a list of what exactly I'm supposed to buy with a couple of rude threats to myself written in. I walk out with my wallet the same weight it was before (stupid plastic cards. This is what is wrong with money-spending today.) but my will-power crushed, and my car trunk full. I mean, everything seems necessary. I don't want to burn my hands! Rubber oven mitt - completely sensible. (ALSO IT MATCHES THE KITCHEN TOWELS. Maybe this is something most people don't get excited about, but I'm obsessed with the kitchen.) I'm totally breaking out. So a couple of zit-killers, that's just good sense. And those stickers are too cute. One of them says "I <3 2 read" and as an English major, I just want to stick that on everything. Just the irony of writing "I love to read" with two of the words subbed out, that's just worth the money.
Yes so it's Saturday, I've had my typical Friday of pajamas, reruns (Duck Commander, never leave me), and over twelve hours of sleep, and hey! Look here, Jack, I'm feeling great. I just need to buckle down and read a couple of chapters of the random crap that has accumulated over the week. So simple. So simple, in fact, I can probably do it later.
So here are some things I'm confessing to right off the bat:
-the likelihood of regular updates - low.
-the likelihood of readers waiting for regular updates? Even lower.
-nothing exciting will be happening to me in the next semester. I'm not going abroad, I'm not making anything amazing and multi-syllabic and beautiful (scrambled eggs. HAH. just broke my own rule). Thus - the title.
Maybe now I should study?
:))
-the likelihood of regular updates - low.
-the likelihood of readers waiting for regular updates? Even lower.
-nothing exciting will be happening to me in the next semester. I'm not going abroad, I'm not making anything amazing and multi-syllabic and beautiful (scrambled eggs. HAH. just broke my own rule). Thus - the title.
Maybe now I should study?
:))
No comments:
Post a Comment