Thursday, January 17, 2013

Oh yeah yeah, oh yeah yeah yeah yeah


bum bum bum OOH. That song is stuck in my head. I'm not going to write the lyrics because they DIRTY. Dirty mouth, clean it up with ORBIT. I am watching too much t.v. and listening to too much radio. Working hard.

So. Today. Today I told my roommate while watching The Mindy Project ironically (watching it unironically might actually make me stupider, and yes I am enjoying the meta of watching a hipster show about irony IRONICALLY), that she was in trouble for not reading my blog. She told me, solemnly, "a blogger who blogs for his (pause as she chews her left over Chipotle) or her readers will never be succesful." 

Well, I think it's pretty clear I'm not blogging for y'all. Who are y'all anyways?? I'm blogging because there comes a certain time of each day when I am simultaneously anxious and happy, and must dispense of my extra energy somehow in order to (gasp of surprise) get things done

My schedule this semester is something like this: 9ish: wake up, stumble around, get dressed, debate putting on makeup (no), eat a full breakfast (part of my new years resolution I will later disclose), realize I am ten minutes early, make some coffee, oh crap now I'm late, leave for class. I get back around 5 most days, 10 some days, and it's the days I come back at 5 that are the problem. I get back, make dinner, and then I have an empty plate and I'm sitting in front of the TV (yes I eat dinner by myself in front of the t.v., jealous AREN'T YOU) and I never want to get up. I find something non-homework for me to do - oh look dishes, oh look laundry, oh look incense. I respond to emails because unfortunately as a college student that's something you have to do. Then I realize HEY. I really need to get things done. I get worked up. I start mentally reviewing my day.

Okay yeah so here is another confession. I spend a lot of time thinking about past times. Is this normal? It's not an all-consuming habit. It's just, near the half-way point in my day (yes 6 or 7 pm is my halfway point), suddenly I'm like hey why did that girl say that to me? Hey should I have put those crystals in an ice bath in chem lab? When my roommate is here I subject her to these thoughts and poor her. FRLZ poor her. She's very patient though. (Also live time update: She is surfing yahoo news and goes Lincoln is 332 years old! And I go - he's not still alive. I know she says. I'm just checking, okay? Check out later paragraphs for why I am checking). 

Then I realize I should work. Maybe the couple of hours between class and homework are a waste, but even when I'm on campus I waste those hours. It is in my programming. So that's where I'm at now. A prediction of the rest of my night: work until 1 or 2ish, eat some cheese (I'm being serious), see that roommate is still awake, text people, go to bed. Oh yeah and brush my teeth. Dental hygiene is of utmost importance because as I realized the other day - I am going to DIE with these same teeth. A pause for everyone to get up and floss their teeth.

Oh yeah so my roommate. I'm kind of obsessed but whatever. It's just because she's sitting next to me right now. Law of proximity or something blah blah. So, she's adorable. Like a previous suitemate of mine, she has some issues with names. In the past couple of days we have had gems like calling nyan cat "newman cat," asking if ear doctors "are a real thing," and calling chipotle "chipatal" but I think the last one is on purpose.

Yup. Energy drained. Time to actually go work. PEACE OUT INVISIBLE INTERNETS

No comments:

Post a Comment